17 October, 2008

Gettin' There is Half the Fun!

Well, folks... it's coming along nicely. I now have all of the "company tours" (for lack of a better term) shot. I filmed pieces with the Special Hazards Unit and Ladder 4 earlier this year. Today, I filmed with an Engine and a Rescue Unit.

Lieutenant Russ McDonald took me around Engine 9 on Brook Street this morning and explained the truck and what it is used for. He was awesome - even showing how to properly dress a fire hydrant! Amazing... simply amazing. I am incredibly thankful to him for sharing his 28 years of Engine Company knowledge with me for the film.

Lieutenant "Ranger" Rick Blais was the next up for duty today. He filmed the Rescue Unit segment with me. I have the feeling that's the closest I'll ever get to taking one of Ranger's EMS classes. He, too, did a phenomenal job for me and I could not have written a better segment myself.

I then went to Washington Street to re-shoot DAC Dan Crowley's interview, which went very well. It's always difficult to talk about the loss of DAC Mike Day, but the Chief did very well and I am grateful for his participation in the interviews.

All-in-all, it was a very productive day and I am really thrilled with all of the footage that I shot today. Not too much more to go - hope to be able to get schedules together and have it all shot within the next two weeks or so. As my Dad says... "if the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise" - I should be able to make it happen.

My eternal thanks to Russ, Ranger and Chief Crowley. You guys are awesome and I greatly appreciate the hospitality, encouragement, assistance and friendship.

No comments: