28 March, 2008

"Street Stories"

Wow - okay. I am very happy about the "Street Stories" segment that was just aired on WPRI Channel 12. I was really happy that they talked about my granddad. I was also happy that they used pieces of me talking about how firefighters never get used to seeing the things they see and some of the video they used was stuff that I didn't even know they were taping. I'm pleased.

I'm sad that they did not use the piece with me talking about DAC Mike Day - which came right after the bit that they used where I was talking about the cancer and heart issues - but that's okay.

I was pleasantly surprised and I thank Walt Buteau and John Villella of WPRI Channel 12 for their support and for making this story feel more about "My Firefighters" than it was about me. I appreciate that more than I can say.

If you missed the piece tonight, it airs again tomorrow morning (Saturday, March 29th) at 7 am. That might be good for some of the firefighters hoping to catch it, but for the rest of us... oy!



You can click on the link above if you are not in the Southern New England Area. Once you get there, click on the "Video" tab at the top of the page and choose "Street Stories". it will bring you to their homepage. I don't know when the piece will be posted for viewing, but check back if you don't see it.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

No comments: