03 January, 2008

Wonderful World of Ladder Companies...

Lou Sackal - God love him. He walked me around Ladder 4, answering questions, opening compartments, showing me what the Ladder trucks carry and telling me what all of it was for. Then, despite the fact that it was freezing cold outside, he offered to pull the truck out and raise the ladder up so I could get some footage. He's a sweetheart - and a life saver!

Lou and I had never met. Jay Fabrizio, my right-hand man, had spoken with him for me. I needed someone to do just what I described above. Jay had left it up to me to explain the project to Lou, which was cool. It seems to make things easier and make people feel a bit less nervous if they get to know me a little bit first. I know it was a bit of an awkward situation for him and I know that he was a bit nervous, but he did a beautiful job of explaining the purpose of the ladder company and the apparatus and equipment they use.

I am eternally grateful to Lou and Jay - my Ladder Segment is complete, now.

Honest, folks - we're chugging along and getting it done. Now that the holidays have passed, maybe I can get my butt in gear and get this film finished!

No comments: