02 December, 2007

Status of the Film

02 Dec 07

I've had a great many people asking me when the film will be finished. So, here's an update on my progress thus far.

I have approximately 96% of the film shot. I still have to re-shoot one interview, get footage at Fire Alarm, finish up the Ladder segment, work on one segment about DAC Mike Day and some other filler-footage and introduction shooting to do. That, in the grand scheme of things, is only about 4% of the film.

Now, I know that I said the film would be done in the fall... which is almost over. Then I said the film would be done in the Winter, which is fast approaching. At this point in time, I am going to say that my intended time for completion of the project is late February of 2008. The problem is that it is difficult to stay on schedule when trying to work with a great many conflicting schedules. With me working a regular, 40-hour per week job and trying to jam in shooting on Fridays and Saturdays and sometimes after work during the week, it's been insane. However, I somehow managed most of it already and that in and of itself is amazing.

The largest portions of the film - those being the ride-alongs and the interviews - are now all complete (except for the re-shoot, which will take 30 minutes). Once those things are done, I can go to post-production. The good news about post is that I pretty much have the whole thing edited in my head. I've reviewed the footage on numerous occasions and now it's just a matter of cutting it together.

That's where we stand and once again, my eternal thanks to the members of the Providence Fire Department who have given so freely of themselves for this project. It's been an incredible ride. As always, my thanks to the Executive Board of Providence Firefighters' IAFF Local 799 for their unwavering support - you guys are awesome.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas Erin! Have a blessed New Year!