14 October, 2009

I've been in contact with my good friend, Michael Shipp - better known to his fans as "Big Daddy". I discovered Mike quite by accident several years ago when searching out the music of Billy Bob Thornton. Mike grew up with Billy Bob and they have played music together over the years. In the process, I discovered some incredible music and a phenomenal guy!

Mike has agreed to work with me on the music for the film - as I've mentioned in the past in the newspaper articles about the project. It dawned on me that I had never posted a link to his site. Please do check him out! I'm fond of referring to his music style as "Road House Rock". If you're into The Allman Brothers, Lynrd Skynrd, the Georgia Sattellites -stuff like that, then you'll really enjoy Big Daddy's tunes.

My thanks to Mike and to Fran Paliotta, as well - who will also be allowing me to use one of her music pieces. If you want to hear some samples, check out:

http://www.michaelrshipp.com/

and

http://www.franpaliotta.com/

On Fran's site, click on Galleries, then Project Art and watch the slideshow titled "Mom".

Thanks again for your support, everyone. It's been awesome to discover that I haven't alienated everyone with all of these delays. I greatly appreciate it!

Be well & stay safe.

Erin

No comments: