02 December, 2007

Finally!!! YAY!!!

30 Nov 07

I was finally able to shoot interviews with two Providence Firefighters today that I have very much been looking forward to - Paul Doughty and Kenny "Hoppy" Hoskin. Both are dear friends and both are guys whose stories I wanted to capture. I am absolutely elated about finally having the opportunity to shoot their interviews, both of which came out great.

I always enjoy the interview process, even though it can sometimes be emotionally draining. It amazes me every time I sit down and shoot an interview. It rarely goes as I anticipate it will... which is actually a good thing. It is especially interesting for me when I interview a person with whom I have become friendly and have a lot of interaction with. I don't always talk with them about their work, but during the interviews certain questions come up and they always answer - even if it is a touchy subject. It is those times when I usually see a side of my friends that I haven't seen before. So these interviews are always an opportunity for me to learn more about my friends - not just the acquaintances I've made along the way. That's ALWAYS a wonderful thing.

I'll meet with Paul again to take some stills of him - part of the Special Hazards segment filler. It's always difficult to be able to schedule with Paul because he is also the President of Local 799, the Providence Firefighters' Union. His schedule is insane and I have no idea when he finds time to sleep, let alone meet with me.

So, my thanks to Paul and Hoppy... I'm proud to have you both in the film and proud to call you my friends.

No comments: