21 November, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hello, all -

I know I'm a week early, but I don't know that I'll have the chance to post during the coming week. I do work in retail and it's already exhaustingly busy at the bookstore. I just wanted to take a moment to share with my faithful readers the things for which I am thankful.

1. For all of my family and friends and my "fire family", as well as all of our Everyday Heroes who watch out for us each and every day.

2. For the opportunity to make this film and work with so many wonderful people. It is something that I will never forget and will always remember fondly.

3. For the fact that I still have a job in this horrible economy.

4. For the hope of a new team of leaders running our country.

5. Most of all, I am thankful for the fact that my father has been officially declared cancer free. Pop is still sick with COPD, but lung cancer is an absolutely horriffic disease and I am so grateful for the fact that his doctors caught it early and treated him with the most advanced methods available. I know how lucky I am and I treasure every second I have with my father.

I hope that each of you has the time to take a moment and reflect upon the things for which you are thankful. Whether they be small or large, it's a humbling experience to realize just how lucky we are in this life. Even through hard times, most of us are blessed with even the smallest of things to help us get through and become stronger for it.

I am also thankful for all of the support and the friends I've made through my work on this film and through this blog. I greatly appreciate it!

I wish all of you a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving and I ask that if you're going to partake of a turkey dinner - PLEASE do not attempt to deep-fry a frozen turkey!!! It is EXTREMELY hazardous and 99% of the time results in a devastating fire or burn injuries!

Be well & stay safe, everyone.

With much love and appreciation,

Erin

1 comment:

Michael Morse said...

Hi Erin, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!