14 November, 2008

Rain... Rain... Rain...

So... today and tomorrow are out for filming the opening monologue for the film, which has been re-written. Next weekend's weather looks better, so we'll have to see if that holds true. Once that's done, we can get to post-production and be on our way, folks.

Once I have the cut that I'm happy with, it will be shown to my project partners/producers and as long as all are pleased, we'll start pitching it to stations for airing.

I've had many people ask me if I plan to sell DVD copies of the film, so while I'm thinking of it, I'll address that question here.

Once this film is completed, it is no longer my property. The film will belong to the Providence Firefighters, IAFF Local 799. I explained to them that my job with this will end once it is secured for airing on television. If the Providence Firefighters choose, they will have the freedom to sell DVD copies if they wish to and I will help with any packaging, production, etcetera that they need. This project has never been about making money or making a name for myself. It is about getting their story told - regardless of the work involved in doing so.

So, when it's decided what will be done, I'll post information here.

Thanks again for all of the support and interest in the project. I greatly appreciate it!

No comments: