07 June, 2008

That Screaming That You Heard

just about 4:00 PM EST yesterday was me. Yes, me. Why? Because I finally had the chance to pick up the recommended DVC tapes and really test the camera. Guess what? It's still not working correctly. Yup - that's what I said - still messed up. Mercury must still be in retrograde...

So, into my car I got and off to Warwick I went. I dragged myself through the door of Elwin Electronics (mainly because I was feeling crappy, but partly because I'm tired of this situation!) and walked up to the lovely young customer service agent, Megan, at the front desk. She's a very sweet girl and very well suited for the job (I know - I've been doing the same sort of work for a very, very long time). Anyway, when I told her that it was still not working correctly, HER heart sank. "I'm so sorry," she said, knowing that I'm trying to get a film done. "I'll assign it to him first thing Monday morning and we'll get it straightened out." She did up the paperwork and I signed off on it. She apologized profusely and I told her it was okay, but I know that she saw the major disappointment on my face. "I'll call you as soon as we know something," she said.

Funny, it sort of felt like when you bring somebody to the Emergency Room and the doctor tells you they'll call you when they know something.

So, folks... that's where we stand. Camera's back in the ER and hopefully the CAT Scan will show something and the surgery will be successful.

No comments: