07 July, 2008

Non-Filming Type Weekend

Hey, All -

Didn't get a chance for filming this weekend, but worked out some of the storyboarding in my notes. I'm getting the flow of the film down and figuring out how to get it out of my brain and into some intelligible sequences. The hardest parts - figuring out what footage to use - are pretty much done. I think my only stumbling block there will be with the interviews. They're all so great and I would love to use every single second of each one, but I would have to make the film about three and a half hours long for that. Not an option, sadly. Who knows, though? Maybe I can put together a Special Features DVD and have one section called "Cutting Room Floor" for that stuff.

I've been very surprised in the last couple of weeks by three or four complete strangers who have come into the bookstore where I work and mentioned the film. They apparently saw the re-airing of "Street Stories" on Channel 12. Still, that was a month ago. It does my heart good to know that so many people are looking out for it, though and are interested in seeing the finished product. Thanks again to Walt Buteau and John Villella for that!!

All righty... hoping to get in some shooting time this weekend. We'll see what happens with the weather.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

I can't wait to see it, Erin. I know you've really been working hard at doing a good job of it. Hope things are going well for you in all areas of your life.