22 October, 2007

I Am Pleased to Announce...

22 Oct 07

To my faithful readers and supporters:

First, I’d like to take a minute to thank you all for your continued support and encouragement. Your kind words and friendship are appreciated more than I can say.

Now, to my announcement.

I just had a wonderful conversation with Cindy Day, the wife of Deputy Assistant Chief Michael J. Day of the Providence Fire Department, who passed away in the line of duty last June. I will not divulge the specifics of our conversation publicly, but I am proud to announce that I have received permission from Mike’s family to go ahead with my dedication of the film.

So, it is with great pride and honor that I dedicate my film, “Everyday Heroes: A Walk Into the Fire” in loving memory to:

Deputy Assistant Chief Michael J. Day, PFD
1956 – 2006

And

Private Edward A. Conway, PFD
1896 – 1957


I had to share this and I want to make sure that this dedication is not missed in the credits of the film.

My deepest thanks to Cindy and the entire Day family for their kindness and understanding – and for allowing me to honor Mike’s memory, as well as their sacrifice.

Please remember the Day family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

Erin, I hope you'll shoot me an email and let me know when everything is complete. I hope it is something I will be able to view. What a great thing you're doing.